dijous, 28 de novembre del 2013

Present simple II.

We use the present simple:
  • to express repeated or usual actions: He always plays tennis.
  • to express facts o generalizations: I do not like chocolate. 
  • to express scheduled events in the near future: The film starts at seven o'clock.

We can use these adverbs of frequency. They go before the main verb.
They go after the verb to be:

never, hardly ever, ussually, sometimes, often, always.


Expressions of frequency ussually go at the end of a sentence:

every day, twice a week, once a month, every year.








Complete the song with these verbs in the present simple.


 PUT, BRUSH, ASK, LOOK, SAY, LOOK, GO, ASK, FEEL,
 FEEL, SEE, LOVE, GIVE, HELP, TELL

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear. 
She ------- on her make-up and ------------ her long blonde hair. 
And then she --------- me, "Do I ---------   all right?" 
And I -------, "Yes, you --------- wonderful tonight." 

We --------- to a party and everyone turns to see 
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me. 
And then she -------- me, "Do you -------- all right?" 
And I say, "Yes, I ----------- wonderful tonight." 

I feel wonderful because I -------- 
The love light in your eyes. 

And the wonder of it all 
Is that you just don't realize how much I -------- you. 
It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head, 
So I ------- her the car keys and she --------- me to bed. 

And then I --------- her, as I turn out the light, 
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight. 

Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight."

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada